2018 Kiwi Silver Proof Coin - Silver Coin
2018 Kiwi Silver Proof Coin - Silver Coin for only GBP £75.96
- Obverse design: Portrait of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II by Ian Rank-Broadley, United Kingdom Coin design: Jonathan Gray, New Zealand Post Ltd, Wellington, New Zealand
- BH Mayer’s Kunstprägeanstalt GmbH
- 0.999 silver
- One New Zealand Dollar
The little spotted kiwi (Apteryx owenii) is the smallest of the five species of kiwi still roaming around various parts of New Zealand. It is the only species of kiwi to have become completely extinct on the mainland; luckily it is thriving on various islands dotted around New Zealand and is now back on the mainland in some predator-free fenced sanctuaries. Kapiti Island has the largest population of little spotted kiwi, with numbers of around 1,200. With the additional numbers from other islands and sanctuaries such as Tiritiri, Red Mercury, Zealandia (Wellington), Chalky and Anchor, the entire population had reached 1,700 in 2013.
Little spotted kiwi chicks hatch with a spring in their step. These adventurous youngsters will leave the safety of the nest when they are around a week old to forage for themselves. Luckily, their protective and much larger father is never too far away from the chick for the first 60 days.
- Minted from 0.999 silver
- This 40mm diameter coin allows the Kiwi to come to life by adding colour and detail
- With only 2,500 coins worldwide it’s sure to be popular
- Packaged in a display case with an individually numbered certificate of authenticity, it makes a beautiful gift or addition to your collection.
This 1oz silver proof coin has a printed image of the little spotted kiwi. This adds an extra element of depth to this carefully crafted coin. The other polishing techniques give details and depth to the plants, ocean and silhouette of Kapiti Island.
Minted from 0.999 silver, this 40mm diameter coin allows the Kiwi to come to life by adding colour and detail. With only 2,500 coins worldwide it’s sure to be popular. Packaged in a display case with an individually numbered certificate of authenticity, it makes a beautiful gift or addition to your collection.