JERSEY - Captain Cook Silver 5oz Coin - Silver Coin
JERSEY - Captain Cook Silver 5oz Coin - Silver Coin for only GBP £495.00
- Obverse: Ian Rank-Broadley Reverse: David Young
- 999/1000 Silver with selective colour ink
** JUST 200 AVAILABLE **
Captain James Cook was an 18th century explorer and navigator whose incredible achievements included mapping the Pacific, New Zealand and Australia.
2020 marks the 250th Anniversary of this milestone Voyage of Discovery, and to celebrate, a highly limited Silver Proof 5oz coin has been released by Jersey treasury.
BRAND NEW Captain Cook Silver 5oz Coin
There are many reasons that this coin would take pride of place in any collection. But, if you need any convincing, here's four reasons that truly sets this issue apart and makes it highly collectable;
1. Fully approved – the coin has been fully approved by Buckingham Palace and Her Majesty the Queen.
2. Sell Out Expected – JUST 200 coins have been released. A surprisingly small amount when you consider that the 2018 and 2019 Silver Proof £5 Captain Cook coins issued by the UK Royal Mint, each with edition limits of 4,795, completely sold out.
3. The Design – when combined with the low edition limit, this stunning portrait design of captain Cook by illustrator David Young is a true masterpiece.
4. Precious metal – each coin has been struck from FIVE ounces of Sterling Silver with the stunning addition of vivid colour ink to bring the portrait of Captain Cook to life.
And remember, considering the theme, a surprisingly low edition limit has been announced.