Definitive Stamp - Keila - Set
Definitive Stamp - Keila - Set for only GBP £0.59
Keila is a small town in North Estonia of 10 000 inhabitants lying 25 kilometres west of the capital Tallinn; on the bank of the Keila River. The territory of the town is half of which densely inhabited. The other half is covered with forests, natural hayfields and bogs. Motorways and a railway pass through Keila to Paldiski and western Estonia. Keila is the center of western Harjumaa. Well-developed entrepreneurship offers numerous jobs to residents of the neighbourhood. Most of the industrial areas lie in the periphery of the town. The line of the railway divides Keila into two parts. South of the railway shares lie private houses while towards the north multi-storied houses have been put up. Bigger parks (Central Park, River Park, Pinewood Park), green areas and nice pinewoods make Keila a green people-friendly town. The oldest traces of human habitation go back to the third and second millennia B.C. The first written record of Keila (Kieiknl) is dated from the Danish Assessment Book. Keila’s development sped up due to the building of the Tallinn-Paldiski railway in 1870. Keila became a self-governed municipality in 1925; on May 1, 1938 Keila became a market town on the basis of the towns act. In the years 1950-62 Keila was the center of the district of the same name.