Lighthouse - Osmussaare - Set
Lighthouse - Osmussaare - Set for only GBP £0.58
Osmussaar lighthouse stands on the edge of the Baltic klint on the north-west tip of the island of the same name, which sits quite a distance from the coast on an important shipping lane in the Gulf of Finland. As such, it is an important marker for navigation. A stone light tower was constructed on Osmussaar in 1765, while the first stone lighthouse proper was built in 1850 but destroyed in World War II. In 1954 the temporary wooden tower erected after the war was replaced with a new cylindrical lighthouse made from reinforced concrete.