Jurassic Britain 50 Pence Collection - Coin Card
Jurassic Britain 50 Pence Collection - Coin Card for only GBP £32.50
- Obverse:Glyn Davies Reverse:Roger Harris
Collection of five 50p coins featuring five different dinosaurs
A selection of five 50p coins marking the 200th anniversary of Mary Anning’s historic discovery in Britain, the complete skeleton of a Plesiosaurus in 1823.
*FREE worldide shipping*
This collection is designed by leading dinosaur illustrator Roger Harris, whose work is seen upon the reverse of each coin. The five coins are presented and protected within an informative folder to ensure your coins arrive and remain in mint condition.
Be sure to confirm your order today, as this collection is sure to be a quick sell-out.
1. Plesiosaurus, Lyme Regis, 1823 – Mary Anning was the first to discover the complete skeleton. It lived during the early Jurassic period.
2. Ichthyosaur, Lyme Regis, 1811 – Mary Anning’s first find when she was just 12 years old, on the Jurassic Coast
3. Scelidosaurus, Charmouth, 1859 – the earliest complete dinosaur and the most completely known dinosaur of the British Isles. It lived in the early Jurassic period and was found along the Jurassic Coast.
4. Cetiosaurus, Chipping Norton, 1841 – from the middle Jurassic period and one of the largest found in Britain at 20 metres long.
5. Loricatosaurus, Peterborough, 1901 – a type of stegosaur from the middle Jurassic period.