2019 - 500 Years of Gorazde Printing House - Miniature Sheet
2019 - 500 Years of Gorazde Printing House - Miniature Sheet for only GBP £2.38
The Gorazde printing house was the first printing house on the territory of the Republic of Srpska and Bosnia and Herzegovina. It was founded in Venice in 1519, but was soon transferred to the Orthodox Church of Saint George in Sopotnica near Gorazde, in Hercegovina Sandzak. The printing house was founded and started by Bozidar Ljubavic, also known as Bozidar Gorazdanin, who was a prominent trader from Gorazde. His son Teodor Ljubavic, hieromonk from the Milesevo Monastery, led the work of the printing house. It worked until 1523, printed three books, which are considered among the better achievements of then printing houses. After 1523, it was transferred to the Romanian town of Trgoviste, and according to some data, a part of the printing house was transferred to the Milesevo monastery near Prijepolje.
In the period from 1519 to 1523, printing house published three books of the liturgical character: Liturgy (Servant) 1519, Psaltir sa posledovanjem 1521, and Molitvenik (Trebnik) in 1523.