550 Years of Zepce - Set
550 Years of Zepce - Set for only GBP £0.68
The town of Žepče was mentioned yet during the Roman Empire and the first written mention dates back to 14 October 1458 when the Bosnian king Stjepan Tomaš, together with his son prince Stjepan, granted the charter to logothete (high official) Stjepan Ratković "on Žepče". Since it is the first written trace about this town on that day is celebrated as the Municipality of Žepče Day. According to some interpretations, which have not been confirmed to the present, the name of Žepče is of the Latin origin and originates from the Roman period.Žepče is situated in the Central Bosnia, in the Zenica-Doboj Canton, around the central stream of river Bosna, in a valley surrounded by mountains. Main railroad and roads communications lead through it from the Pannonian Basin to the Adriatic Sea. In the north of the valley is located a fertile field of Žepče and in close vicinity of the town and in the town itself are located 14 mineral water springs. The area of Žepče is spreading over around 300 square kilometers and numbers in approximately 31.000 inhabitants.