Gibraltar Diocese Centenary - Miniature Sheet
Gibraltar Diocese Centenary - Miniature Sheet for only GBP £2.00
10 November 1910: Pope St. Pius X promulgated the decree establishing the new Diocese of Gibraltar. He also appointed Rev. Gregory Thompson a Benedictine monk from St. Augustine’s Monastery, Ramsgate, England, which was affiliated to the Monte Cassino branch of the Order. Unfortunately, a mixture of settling difficulties and Spanish language problems caused the Bishop to resign, returning to his monastery in 1927.