1994 The 550th Anniversary of Ljubuski - Set
1994 The 550th Anniversary of Ljubuski - Set for only GBP £0.14
Ljubuški is a Mediterranean town in the lowlands of Herzegovina with a population of about 5.000. It is situated at the bottom of the Buturovica hill at an altitude of 103 m. above sea – level. The name of Ljubuški was first mentioned 550 years ago, when on February 21st 1444, GOJISLAV ORLOVIĆ, called PETANOVIĆ, left in his last will an endowment to the church in Ljubuški; the money was from the belt Petanović had sold. (The historical Archives in Dubrovnik. Test. Not. L. 13, fol. 170:1444 indictione septima, die vigesimo primo Februari Ragusi. Hoc est testamentum Goysav Horlouic dicti Petanouich de Narente. La mia zentura che se vendi e che se daga due parti in Lubusia in chiesa et terza parte in santo Vido). The second mention of Ljubuški, 6 pieces of silver (perper) to read thirty masses for his soul to rest in peace.