Bell from Rosko Polje - Set
Bell from Rosko Polje - Set for only GBP £0.45
In 1858, friar Petar Kordić, the parish vicar at that time, built the first, in Roško polje, straw covered church, that was 12 meters long and 6 meters wide. On this straw covered church in the same year was placed a small bell that is located even today in the parish office of this church. Unfortunately, this straw covered church was destroyed in 1921. This bell in the whole diocese was the only and largest bell and was the first to ring after 325 years of Turkish occupation. In that period, a famous Turkish saying was known: „Let it be known, Vlaji, that here no bell will ring.“ Because of this, friar Petar always had the bell, for the Turks not to steal it from him, on an animal throughout the parish.