To Picture of Trakai Mother of God, a Patron of Lithuania Crowning - 300 Years
The picture was painted in the middle of the 15th century and partially repainted in the early 17th century. It was a gift from the Byzantine Emperor Manuel II Palaiologos to Grand Duke Vytautas on the occasion of his baptism. On 4 September 1718, Pope Clement XI sent Bishop Konstanty Kazimierz Brzostowski for the canonical coronation of the venerated image. It was the second icon of the Virgin crowned with papal crowns on the territory of the Commonwealth.