Maritime - Lighthouse Mendra - Set
Maritime - Lighthouse Mendra - Set for only GBP £0.90
Five kilometres away from Ulcinj, on the Mendra Cope, a lighthouse was erected in 1886. It was built 22 metres above sea level, the light from the tower being 35 metres above the sea, with its range spanning 25 nautical miles. Mendra is the oldest and the only manned lighthouse in Montenegro—it is one of the last lighthouses on the Adriatic coast which still has a human staff. Since its construction, it was operated by various crews, and today it is tended by the keeper Stanko Stojanović. The Mendra Lighthouse is included in all global nautical maps.Within the edition titled Seamanship “Mendra Lighthouse”, the Post of Montenegro is publishing a stamp and First Day Cover. The author of the design is Zoran Popović, a graphic designer from Podgorica.