Tourism Our Lady of the Rocks

Set
GBP £0.28
First Day Cover
GBP £0.75
About Tourism Our Lady of the Rocks

Our Lady of the Rocks Island, across Perast, is an artificial island created in late 15th century. Today’s church Our Lady of the Rocks, after which the island was named, which is one of the most important historical and cultural monuments of the Bay of Kotor, was built in 1630 by the Venetians. The church houses a large number of works of art by the famous Kotor painter Tripo Kokolja, as well as the icon of Our Lady of the Rocks, made in 1452 by Lovro Dobričević.Montenegro Post, within the edition Tourism - Our Lady of the Rocks, publishes a commemorative stamp and a first day cover and a maximum card. The author of the conceptual design is Romana Pehar, a painter from Kotor.